Thursday 18 October 2012

The bond

I'm lucky to have spent my secondary school years in a place that treats every girl as an individual, a place that teaches a young lady to be not only outspoken but grounded at the same time, a place that believes a girl too can lead, a place that teaches education beyond the curriculum of classroom, a place a girl can grow with confidence to be her own person.

Sekolah Seri Puteri (or SSP in short).



We used to be in Kuala Lumpur, before we moved to Cyberjaya in 2003. My batch was quite lucky to have experienced both premises. Although the Cyberjaya school was new and all, I honestly prefer the one in Kuala Lumpur for some reason!

Sekolah Seri Puteri, Cyberjaya.



I spent 5 years of my life there (well 3years in Kuala Lumpur, 2 years in Cuberjaya). And if you ask me what is the most rewarding experience I could recall. Without doubt, I would say it's the friendship; the strong bond we have with each other. We grew up together, watched ourselves grew taller, we fought and we made up, witnessed each other's mistakes, we blosommed and flourished as leaves on the trees; we were there during our formative years!

Although we have left school for almost 8 years now, and we didn't see each other as often, we still can strongly feel the bond between us.

Whenever we see each other, we are back to our old kid-self. We giggle, we talk about the most ridiculous things, we make fun of each other. We connect, immediately!









Some of us are married now, with kids to look after. Time flies, but whenever I'm with them, it's like being 16 all over again!




 
Just few days ago, I was wiping my hand with this Watson's green tea wet tissue, when I suddenly  smell something really familiar. A smell of the perfume I was using back in my SSP years. The only problem was, I couldn't remember what perfume did I use back then! Grandma's memory!
Me being me, I couldn't carry on with my work for the rest of the day, without knowing it. Bad habit that I posses, when I'm curious, I just have to find out, one way or another!

  While on a mission to find out the perfume's name...

I just knew who to ask! It got to be Odd, a bedmate of mine in SSP for 3 years. I texted asking whether she remembers the perfume I used when I was in SSP. Well, it didn't really suprise me that she did remember! And she hasn't forgotten a lot of other things too. Awwww.






So, what's your most memorable experience from high-school years? Please share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment