1) When you've dropped your Blackberry, the first logical thing to do is obviously to get it out from the water, pronto! (Duhh)
2) Next, you don't do anything but pull the battery and wipe it dry
3) Store the battery in a dry, cool place
4) As for for your Blackberry, there are a few options that you can try to do to save it.
Here's the Do's and Dont's
- Do store your baby in a container of rice. Yes, you heard me, the uncooked rice or 'beras'. The idea is that this will suck the moisture out of your wet phone as rice, eventually rendering it operable. However, and I cannot state this strongly enough, wait 48 hours before inserting the battery!
- Do expose your device in an air-conditioned room for approximately 72 hours, this works miraculously. Try it!
- Do not blow dry your Blackberry as it will only force the water molecules further into the small components, as the air blows inward.
- Do not expose you Blackberry under direct hot-glazing sun light
Goodluck! And of course the tips are applicable to other mobile phones as well :)