Sunday 5 June 2011

A Post Worth A Thousand Words

I was supposed to write about this long long time ago. But I was too busy and I always wanted to find the right time, because I want this post to be perfect!

But just recently a wise friend said to me, "We are always getting ready to live but never living."

So, thanks to her, I couldn't think of a more perfect time to write about this, but NOW!

People, last 17 February 2011, with all the blessings from God, endless support from two most important people of my life, bottomless words of encouragement from siblings, friends and the greatest companionship of 3years, I've finally graduated with a Bsc of Applied Geology from Curtin University of Technology.

Alhamdulillah...


I'm not that smart-a** who could survive a Degree alone. Binge-eating, late-night studies, field-trips, thesis-writing, I owe it most to my batch-mate. So, this post is for these people, I wouldn't be graduating without you guys, seriously!

............................................

It was a summer graduation, by summer I mean 38 Degrees Celcius of heat in Perth. I complained to Mom about how hot it was and she replied "This is only panas dunia, not panas akhirat yet." *Gulppp*

So these are my few of many other 'hats-off' pictures. It's one of the mandatory pose people would be taking when graduating. 

Oo well, you only graduate once (unless you want to continue with your Masters), so why not go all out? Haha.


 



I never knew that graduation caremony could take so long. I mean, I could hear my stomach growling when I was queuing. 

Geology students were among the last departments to be called up that night, so we promised to clap so hard when any one of us was on stage.







 There were so many people graduating, so whenever we got confused, we could just identify each other by the sash colour. The green sash is meant for Department of Engineering and Science.



The one person that was responsible for my make-up and hair-do for that day is my friend here, Farrah Buhtamam. Without her, I'd be looking like a dead zombie. Thank you love!



No comments:

Post a Comment