Monday 25 October 2010

I'll See You Soon, Adulthood



Today, I received my last scholarship allowance (of err my entire life?)!!!!
I am now left with only a few meters away from the ‘adulthood-starting-line’. I can already see the signboard from far.
I couldn’t describe the feeling when my friend told me it was going to be our last allowance, but I could tell you that it wasn’t the most joyful moment of my life.
Not that I was depending 100% on the allowance (coz apparently I still had to ask for extra from my parents), but it’s a sign that I’m reaching the end of my ‘carefree-student-life’ where it is okay to ask money anytime of the month.
And I’m  about to enter another new phase of life, where you are entitled to :
1) Have responsibility of your own bills
2) Manage your own spending within the salary range (which would be incredibly hard to do!!)
3) Wake up bright and early every morning as you’re going to have a 8am ‘class’ everyday!
I spent my entire day, trying to  make sense out of it and  I was  stumbled with all the questions in my head until I realized that this is part of life, it’s a process of growing up. For what it’s worth, I’d brave myself , take up this challenge and embrace it. Come what may.
I’ll see you soon, adulthood.. *ehem*

No comments:

Post a Comment